World Cup Hockey pitch new standard in international top hockey
The Hockey World Cup 2014 was a great success. For fourteen days the world could enjoy hockey at the highest level. The high-quality synthetic turf system made from TenCate fibres and backing was a perfect base for the World Cup Hockey. Players were able to get the best out of themselves. The audience could enjoy fast and technically advanced top hockey.
There was widespread praise for the high quality synthetic turf system materials developed by TenCate. TenCate is proud of the exploit they have made with their partners. Not only in the construction and maintenance of the top hockey turf at the Kyocera Stadium and temporary GreenFields Stadium, also in the twelve amateur fields in and around The Hague (The Netherlands), where the international teams trained.
Professional players and coaches now require high-quality synthetic turf system made from TenCate fibres and backing to be the new world standard, including for the Olympic Games in Brazil in 2016. For the European Championships Hockey in 2017 in Amsterdam (The Netherlands), the hockey players may already play on this system. It has recently been installed in the Wagener Stadium in the Dutch capital.
The World Cup Hockey system with TenCate components meets all the requirements that are needed for the modern, fast paced hockey games, this includes:
- A high ball roll speed;
- Non-directional ball roll;
- Low friction properties; in dry as well as wet circumstances;
- Sliding friendly thanks to the usage of TenCate Monoslide™ LSR® fibres;
- Perfect and well balanced grip (torsion);
- A damped rebound that will keep the ball low and will result into a perfect control of the ball;
- Maximized shock absorption; therefore the system will protect the back, knees and other joints which will reduce the risk of an injury;
- The strong and flexible turf blades will ensure that the hockey stick can be fully placed under the ball.