FK Senica, Slovakia
FK Senica was founded in 1921. In the first years of its existence the name of the club changed a couple of times. The first time the club gained interregional importance was in 1951 when they got promoted to the second tier league.
The following years the club was stuck in lower leagues until mid of the 1970s when the club again got promoted and reached the second tier of the Czechoslovakian League. In the season 2002/2003 while playing in the second tier of the Slovakian League the club merged with FK 96 Ress Častkov.
For the season 2008/2009 the club gained a new sponsor as well as a new trainer and sporting director. The club sovereign won the second tier championship and for the first time in its history played in the first League. In the season 2010/2011 the club became Vice Champion and qualified for the European’s Cup.
The Stadion Senica, which hosts the home matches of the club, was built in 1962 and when the club got promoted to the first tier in 2009 the stadium was renovated. Since 2010 the stadium has a synthetic pitch. Furthermore the seating capacity was upgraded to now 4165 seats, floodlight has been installed as has a video surveillance system.